Manager, Key Account Pharma/Biotech Services/Alliance Development
The Pharma Key Account Manager is responsible for driving sales in the territory by selling the clinical and service value to current and new clients. The individual is responsible for calling on pharmaceutical companies and Biotech/CRO clients to understand research and clinical study needs and to close deals for the different gene mutation tests.
- Identify, target, educate and manage accounts in the assigned territory by calling on Pharmaceutical, biotech and CRO clients performing research and clinical studies.
- Drive new business, maintaining customer relationships and exceeding sales targets.
- Identify key clients and focus targeted sales activity on high-end revenue, partnering/alliance and volume opportunities.
- Identifying and developing opportunities for companion diagnostic deals.
- Travel independently throughout defined territory to drive oncology testing sales.
- Have a high degree of technical understanding and maintain a high degree of product and market knowledge.
- A proven track record of closing pharm/biotech service deals.
- Thorough understanding of genomic testing role in drug development process.
- Established contacts in pharmaceutical arena.
- Must demonstrate a high level of product, technology and service knowledge.
- Able to work independently with strong work ethic.
- Thrives in a Fast Paced Environment.
In addition to the competencies outlined above, the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the job:
- Minimum MS degree. MS preferred in Biology, Genetics, Molecular Biology.
- 7+ years' experience in selling with a strong record of success promoting complex services in medical oncology and/or diagnostics and closing new accounts.
- Must be willing to drive to appointments throughout territory with occasional overnight responsibilities.
To apply, please send a brief cover letter and well-composed résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org